The emergency room at Wahiawa General Hospital treats over 20,000 patients each year and is the primary acute care facility for Central Oahu and the North Shore. Our new, state-of-the-art facility recently completed a $3.5 million dollar renovation which includes:
- A complete renovation of the emergency room layout which allows for a “fast-track” concept increasing patient flow and reducing wait times.
- Patient capacity expanded from 7 beds to 16 beds
- Construction of private patient treatment rooms
- Addition of 2 trauma treatment rooms
- Upgrades to all patient monitoring equipment
In addition to the extensive physical upgrades to the emergency department, staffing levels have also been enhanced to ensure optimum patient care. This means that all patients will not only have access to the most advanced medical technology, they will also receive the highest level of care from our team of physicians, nurses and allied health professionals.