Community Health Needs Assessment
Demonstrating Community Need
As part of the Affordable Care Act, tax-exempt hospitals are required to complete a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) once every three years. In 2016 and 2019, a CHNA was conducted and identified the greatest health needs in our community. The 2019 report includes a comprehensive assessment of Honolulu County (Oahu Island), Hawaii.
The analyses include a careful review of the most current health data available, demographics and input from numerous community representatives. The process culminates in the development of an Implementation Plan to address the significant needs identified through the CHNA. This assessment was presented to and approved by the Hospital Board on May 22, 2019. Wahiawa General Hospital will utilize its 2019 plan as a guide over the next three years to offer programs that support the health of the community and the mission of the organization.
Click on the links below to review the Wahiawa General Hospital CHNA and Implementation Plans:
- 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Plan
- 2016 Wahiawa General Hospital’s Completed Implementation Plan
- 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Plan
- 2019 Wahiawa General Hospital’s Completed Implementation Plan
- 2021 Community Health Needs Assessment
- 2021 Wahiawa General Hospital Assessment and Implementation Plan
To request a hard (paper) copy of documents listed above please send your request to:
Wahiawa General Hospital
128 Lehua Street
Wahiawa, HI 96786